It is undeniable that the business of tourist apartments is booming in Pamplona, especially in its picturesque Old Town. Just a decade ago, this neighborhood had only three tourist apartments, but today they have multiplied to reach a staggering number of 172. And the trend shows no signs of stopping, as another 90 vacation rentals have been registered in this area since the beginning of 2020.
The Old Town, which constitutes only 5.5% of the population of Pamplona, accounts for a whopping 55.30% of the total supply of tourist apartments in the city. While one rental platform manages only 37 available properties in this area, if you are looking for accommodation for a weekend in March, you can find over 500 options on another platform, although it is possibly an advertising exaggeration.
However, it is important to mention that the majority of these accommodations are not registered in accordance with the law. These worrying statistics come from a study conducted by the Community Network AZ of the Old Town, which is concerned about the growing gentrification in this area, a reality already experienced in cities like Donostia and Barcelona. For this reason, they are calling on the community of residents to modify their statutes and limit the implementation of these tourist apartments.
Despite this, the mayor has declared that the proliferation of tourist apartments is not yet a problem but recognizes that it is the opportune moment to start seeking solutions. It is evident that adequate regulation is needed to prevent the negative impact of this growing industry on the traditional and charming Old Town of Pamplona.
FAQs about Tourist Apartments in Pamplona:
1. How many tourist apartments are currently in the Old Town of Pamplona?
– There are currently 172 tourist apartments in the Old Town of Pamplona.
2. What is the proportion of tourist apartments in the Old Town compared to the rest of the city?
– Despite the fact that the Old Town represents only 5.5% of the population of Pamplona, it accounts for 55.30% of the total supply of tourist apartments in the city.
3. How many new tourist apartments have been registered so far in 2020?
– Since the beginning of 2020, another 90 vacation rentals have been registered in the Old Town of Pamplona.
4. How many tourist apartments are available for rent on a specific platform?
– One rental platform manages only 37 available properties in the Old Town.
5. Is it necessary for tourist apartments to be registered according to the law?
– Yes, the majority of tourist accommodations in the Old Town are not registered in accordance with the law.
6. Who conducted the study on the proliferation of tourist apartments?
– The study was conducted by the Community Network AZ of the Old Town, an organization concerned about gentrification in this area.
7. What measures are proposed to limit the implementation of more tourist apartments?
– It is proposed that the community of residents modify their statutes to limit the implementation of these tourist apartments in the Old Town.
– Pamplona City Council
– Community Network AZ of the Old Town